By Joseph Fleming, Direction Psychology Social Worker
Christmas can be the most stressful time of the year for many, accentuating money worries, feelings of loneliness and depression.
But, you can get into the Christmas spirit with a little mental preparation and self-care. Christmas doesn’t have to be stressful, and it isn’t inevitable that the season will have a negative impact on your mental health.
Here are 5 tips to get you through:
- Remember that it is a time for reflection, not rejection
- There will be a mix of emotions, and it’s normal
- The end of the year is a good time to take stock of what went well and what didn’t, and start thinking about your goals and plans for the year ahead. If you’ve had a difficult year it’s only natural to be a little down, but try to focus on the positives and remember that a fresh new year is just around the corner and an opportunity for a new start comes with it.
- Ask for help if you need it
- Remember, it’s never to late… for anything!